Responsible Travel Initiative
1. Preserve natural resources: Albania has a wealth of natural resources,
including mountains, rivers, and coastline.
2. Support local communities: Sustainable tourism should benefit local communities by creating job opportunities, supporting local businesses, and preserving cultural traditions.
3. Promote eco-friendly practices: Encourage eco-friendly practices among tourists and businesses, such as reducing waste, conserving water and energy, and promoting recycling.
4. Educate visitors: Promote responsible tourism practices among visitors, such as respecting local culture and customs, avoiding littering, and supporting local conservation efforts.
5. Develop sustainable infrastructure: Develop infrastructure that is sustainable and environmentally friendly, such as public transportation, renewable energy sources, and sustainable buildings.
6. Protect historical and cultural heritage: Albania has a rich cultural heritage that
needs to be preserved.
Responsible Travel Initiative mission is to position Albania as a sustainable destination ensuring long-term performance in the global tourism market by optimization of the sustainable tourism resources and value chains within the country and by supporting the promotion of responsible travel products and practices in the international market.
Linking tourism and conservation of natural resources is an important aspect of sustainable tourism. By linking tourism and conservation of natural resources, we can create a more sustainable tourism industry that benefits both the environment and local communities.
RTI vision is to rank Albania among top sustainable tourism destinations in Europe and to ensure the benefits of using tourism resources will serve to our children and generations to come. Our main interventions will be in:
Albania as Destination
Albania has become an increasingly popular tourist destination in recent years due to its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and affordable prices. However, as tourism continues to grow in Albania, it is essential to promote sustainable tourism practices that preserve the country's unique natural and cultural resources for future generations.
TEAM In Action
ARTI team has long experience in implementing sustainable tourism projects in Albania
Our projects and expertise:
ADVOCATES OF TOURISM AUTHENTICITY
DESTIMED - EU
KUKES New Prespective - UKAID
SUSTOWNS - Theth, Velipoja - EU
RISIALBANIA - SDC
SIPPO - SECO
NEW DEAL EUROPE - UK
MEET Network (Mediterranean Experience of Ecotourism Network – based in Malaga, Spain)
RESETTING - EU
CELIM & ACAP (Azione Comunitaria per le Aree Protette – based in Milano, Italy)
Union for Conservation of Nature – based in Lausanne, Switzerland) - several expertise in projects
Supporting the value chain along the Riviera cost- capacity building for B&B and accomodation structures and DMO
JAICA - expertise for Karavasta national park
other upon request...
- Improved sustainability and durability of the tourism sector and local destinations and development in harmony with local communities’ cultural heritage.
- More decent jobs for local communities, women and youth in Albania, making it a desired place to work, live and invest.
- Improved competitiveness in the global market and adequate profit from tourism sector enough to rejuvenate the destinations resources.
Advisory Board provides guidance for our interventions and strategies to reach our mission
Work with Us
We are looking to cooperate with international organizations to implement our programs with impact for communities in Albania.
Mob. +355 68 40 58 529
Str. Zenel Baboci, N.10, Tirana, Albania
Get in Touch